 |
| Beautiful Temple Square Lights. I highly recommend seeing them, but maybe on a weekday when it's less crowded. |
Today our ward went to Temple Square to watch the Joseph Smith movie and see the Christmas lights and nativity scenes. Although it was freezing cold outside, I still had a great experience. This was my second time watching the movie at Hotel Utah. Once again, I didn't cry. But that doesn't mean that I wasn't touched by the spirit. One thought that I had during the movie was that some of Joseph's experiences would sound absurd to people who weren't in the right state of mind. I think that many people who have problems with our gospel would cite that it was restored by a teenager with little education. But to me that just shows Heavenly Father's powers to make weak things strong. Another thought I had was that Joseph Smith and the early latter-day saints suffered through many trials to worship in the true church, such as constantly being harassed by mobs and having to move to different states. That made me appreciate their efforts to keep the church going. Now it is a worldwide church with millions of members. The Temple Square lights and nativity scenes from around the world were beautiful. My only complaint is that it was very crowded, but actually it's good that so many people visit Temple Square. I met a couple of sister missionaries from Malaysia and I asked them if they liked working while it was so busy. They said that they did because they get a lot of referrals from the church members who come and they also get to talk to non-LDS people. I'm happy that I got to see Temple Square today and I plan to go every year.
photo: aaronbarkerphotography.com
I can't wait to go up to temple square and see the lights. I believe this will be the first time I will be going to temple square when they have had christmas lights up so I'm excited.
ReplyDeleteThe lights are so beautiful! I'm so impressed by the effort they put into the decorations. And I totally know how you feel when you said you didn't cry but you still felt the Spirit. Just like you, I also have a hard time crying; I'm even bad and trying to look like I cried haha.
ReplyDelete