Monday, December 5, 2011

Fast Sunday at the Cannon Center

No, this is not Cannon Center food.
This is real food.
On Fast Sundays the Cannon Center is only open from 3-6pm. It's kind of a miracle that the cafeteria is even open at all, since no one works on Sundays and Provo is a ghost town. I mean, our hall bathroom smells like old garbage and rotten food, and there's no toilet paper left. But luckily we're able to eat.

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional made matters worse because the Cannon closed half an hour early in an attempt to get all the Helaman freshmen to watch the broadcast. So really the cafeteria was open for 2 1/2 hours. That meant hundreds of hungry kids piling in to stuff their faces in a limited amount of time.

I got to the Cannon at 3:30 and I waited in a long line. When I got in I was disappointed to see that the food wasn't very appetizing. Usually fast Sunday food is especially good, but all I ate was chicken stuffed with carrots (gross) and salad. The ice cream was excellent though. I had "Graham Canyon" and "Marionberry." Cute names right? Hah. I ended staying and talking (and procrastinating) until closing time. Later that night we ate grilled PB&J sandwiches and had a pow wow during visiting hours.

I like the Cannon Center. It's decent cafeteria food. But I miss my mom's cooking so much. I can't wait to go home and eat real food!

photo: cookingrecipesguide.org

2 comments:

  1. hahaha your restroom spells like rotten garbage. So does ours! There's NEVER any toilet paper left and the trash can is over-flowing. Also, since no one works over the weekend the shower stalls are full of hair. It's gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when there is no toilet paper; that is pretty much how our weekends go. I feel like on Fast Sundays, that Cannon is pretty inconsistent; which is hard because that's when I want to eat the most!

    ReplyDelete